Call Us: (607) 674-4481

Sherburne West Hill Cemetery

The Sherburne West Hill cemetery was founded in 1802. It is located at the corner of Williams Road and Route 80 west in the Town of Sherburne. Colonel William Stephens Smith is buried here along with his family. There are three sections to the cemetery; The old part is located in the western end of the cemetery and contains burials of the first residents of West Hill. The middle section has residents of  19th and early 20th century Sherburne. The new section of the cemetery is the eastern most part which is still partially empty. There is an old chapel in the cemetery which is on the National Registry of Historic Buildings. 

 

The Old Section 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colonel William Stephens Smith

 

 

The Middle Section

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The New Section 

 

 

 

 

The Chapel